Wednesday 4 December 2013

Change

Well, to say I lack consistancy on this blog is an understatement. I seem to get bursts of creativity and inspiration, but then fall flat after a post or two.

When I came up with the idea to start a blog, I thought I would be the perfect fit for me! I've always loved writing, so a hobby which provides me a platform to do that would be awesome, right? But after the initial excitement wore off, I found I wasn't enjoying it as much as I'd hoped. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why. However, after some soul searching, I think I've finally figured it out.

It isn't the actually writing of a blog that's the problem, but rather the content I'm writing about. Let me explain. I decided to start a beauty blog after being a long time reader of other popular beauty blogs. Everything these girls posted about in their blogs had a magicial quality about it. It was as though they lived in a perfect fairy-tale world, and I wanted that too. The problem is, I don't live in a perfect world. At times my live may seem like a fairy-tale, but more often than not it's messy, comlicated and real.

I think I've also gone wrong with trying to create a beauty blog. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy beauty, fashion and all things girly as much as the next girl. But it's not the only thing I care about. Because of this, I found myself struggling to write posts half-heartedly so I could have new content up on my blog.

So what can you expect from me? Anything and everything. I still plan to post about things like beauty and fashion, but only when something really excites me and I'm passionate about it. Lately I've been loving the blog and youtube channel of the lovely Louise, also known as Sprinkle of Glitter. She has taken such a fantastic approach to this whole creating things for the internet thing, and that's above all to be real and try to help others whenever you can. She has totally changed my outlook on how I'm going to go about this blog (and also my youtube channel), and for that I'm so so grateful. I highly recommend checking her out if you haven't already, as she really is a breath of fresh air in this crazy internet world we live in!

Thanks for listening to my rambling. I'm really excited to begin this new chapter, and would love to have you along for the ride :)

xx Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment