Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year's Resolutions 2014

It's hard to believe another year is already coming to a close. I'll be honest, 2013 was not one of my better years. In fact, it was one of my worst. Which is why I'm welcoming a fresh start for 2014. I've made new year's resolutions in the past, but very rarely did I actually keep them. I think the the problem lies in the resolutions themselves. I resolved to do things not because I had a deep desire to accomplish them, but rather because I liked the idea of accomplishing them. So without further ado, here are my resolutions for 2014!

1. Meditate every day. Meditation is so good for you, I know that. So for 2014, I'm going to try to get into it. I'll put in an effort everyday and if it works, great. If not, it's never a bad thing to take a few minutes to clear your mind and do nothing.

2. Write Everyday. There's only one way to become a better writer and that's to write! So I am going to starting writing everyday. Whether it's a blog entry, or a page of my (first attempt at a) novel, I'm going to make an effort to do a little bit every day.

3. Read all the books I've been meaning to. I am the worst when it comes to buying books and then never getting around to actually reading them. I have a huge pile of books I've accumulated over the last couple of years, which I will tackle this year!

4. Do a cardio workout at least 3 times a week. Between a knee injury and some other health issues, I've had to forgo my usual exercise routine over the last year. I've suffered in more ways than one because of it. I know I'm healthier and happier when I'm being active, so I am determined to get back into it in 2014. If one form of cardio is too much for my knee, I will find something else to do.

5. Drink more water. This is something I've been trying to do lately, and will continue with full force into the new year. not only is it good for me in general, but the doctor has told me to do so (yay for having super low blood pressure).

6. Challenge myself. In some senses I did a lot in 2013, in others not at all. So I want to make up for it in 2014 by really pushing myself to grow as a person. I'm not sure yet what all this will entail, but I'm sure I will recognize it when the opportunity arises.

And those are my resolutions for 2014. I hope you all have a great new year's celebration tonight. Let's make 2014 the best year yet!

xx Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment